The second section of article 22 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (hereinafter, LSSI-CE), establishes the following:
Service providers may use data storage and retrieval devices on recipients’ terminal equipment, provided that the recipients have given their consent after having been provided with clear and complete information on their use, in particular on the purposes of the data processing, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December 1999 on the Protection of Personal Data.
Where technically possible and effective, the consent of the recipient to accept the processing of the data may be provided through the use of the appropriate parameters of the browser or other applications, provided that the recipient must proceed to their configuration during their installation or update by means of an express action to that effect.
The foregoing shall not prevent the possible storage or access of a technical nature for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or, to the extent strictly necessary, for the provision of an information society service expressly requested by the recipient.
Cookies used for any of the following purposes are exempt from compliance with the obligations established in article 22.2 of the LSSI-CE.
- Only to allow communication between the user’s equipment and the network.
- Strictly to provide a service expressly requested by the user.
Types of Cookies and their Purpose
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer, which allows a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, they can be used to recognise the user.
- Technical Cookies:These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics depending on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
The information obtained through the cookies installed on your computer will be used for the following purposes:
- To guarantee the quality, security and improvement of the services offered.
- The recipients of the information obtained through the cookies installed on your computer will be the following entities:
- Our entity as the editor responsible for the website and responsible for the processing.
- The following entities, directly related to our entity (if applicable): GOOGLE
Principle of Consent
Installation of Cookies
Although it is up to you to accept the installation of cookies on your computer, refusal to install them may mean that the functionality of the website is limited or not possible, which would make it impossible for our company to provide services through it.
You can block, deactivate or change the configuration of the cookies installed on your computer at any time. To do so, we provide you with the way to do so in the main browsers:
As well as cookies to third parties Google AdWords
Our entity is not responsible for the content and veracity of the cookie policies of the aforementioned third parties.
We will protect your data with effective security measures according to the risks involved in the use of your information.
To this end, our entity has approved a Data Protection Policy and annual controls and audits are carried out to verify that your personal data is secure at all times.
In the event that you feel that your rights have been disregarded by our entity, you may file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, by any of the following means.
- Electronic headquarters:
- Postal address: Agencia Española de Protección de Datos C/ Jorge Juan, 6 28001-Madrid
- By telephone: Tel. 901 100 099 | Tel. 91 266 35 17
Making a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency does not entail any cost and the assistance of a lawyer or solicitor is not necessary.